Re: Convention

Gerry O'Neill wrote:

> At 12:14 PM 6/28/99 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >>absentee voting just doesnt work,  tell me what  organization uses that
> >approach?
> >

> The American Hibiscus Society
> The Ecological Society of America
> The International Soil Ecology Society
> The Soil Science Society of America
>

> Gerry
Thank you Gerry
and all Who have supplied info about other organizations that allow
"ballot" voting.  Note that in the above, all are associated with
horticulture.  We need to start promoting concern.  This won't be fixed
unless a lot of folks agree to do something about it.  Since the AHS has
elrcted not to give us the name of a voting member of the new "select "
group that is now controllong all votes, We need to start writing to
each of them voicing our concerns.  Letters to the editor for
publication in the Journal, are another good way to be heard.  You are
never going to get a chance to vote on important AHS matters, unless you
start now to demand the "right"
Ran Lydell