Subject: James Russell Parsons 12/12/38 to 3/1/00
Author:  hosta-open@mallorn.com (owner-hosta-open@mallorn.com) at HERCULES
Date:    03/01/2000 7:21 AM

This morning at 3:30am Russ Parsons lost his 15 month battle with
colon
cancer. Services are expected to be this Saturday. Time and place are still
to be announced.

Russ lived in Hurlock Maryland where he grew his collection of approx 1,000
cultivar and species of rhododendrons and azaleas along with 600 plus
cultivars of hostas. Russ's plant collection contained many other plants
also.

Russ was a kind and generous gardener who will be missed by all of us who's
lives he touched.

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE
zone 7