seedling question

Well,  either I am flunking SEEDLING 101 or the plant is... My bet is mostly
me and maybe one kind of seed (it didn't have the even dark color there were
some white spots..  Here's my question.  I have three trays of seedlings all
under a growth lamp.  Maybe Half the seeds came up in tray 1.  Of those
seeds 1/3 still have not gotten a second leaf.  1/3 has a second leaf and
the remaining third is on its third leaf.  Does that mean the one leafs are
not going to make it?

Tray two:  80 % of the seeds came up... lost 10% to some fungus, managed to
save the rest.  Here too I have some that don't have a second leaf yet while
others do.  I have confidence that most of them are going to make it.

Tray three: only 1/3 of the seeds came up and none of them want to get a
second leaf.  On top of that I noticed that 1/2 way up the leave it looks
like it's wiethering....

What am I doing wrong?    I need to know so that the next batch of seed
trays that are starting to come up don't suffer at my ignorance........
(especially since these seeds came from a special friend and I'd hate to
goof them up).