Convention authors

Since I mailed this out while most were at the Hosta College I though I
should send it again.  So far only Irwin Johnson has volunteered to do the
Peterson Garden.

I am looking for volunteers to do the garden write-ups for this year's
convention.  Last year I had many GREAT – make that FANTASTIC -- volunteers
from the hosta robins and I hope to repeat the successes of last year.

If you are interested in doing a garden write-up OF A SPECIFIC GARDEN please
let me know which one you would like to do. Otherwise if you want to do one
and don’t care which garden it is I gladly will assign you to one.

The regular "Tour" gardens and "Thursday" optional gardens are listed below.
I need one author for each garden on the "regular" Tour list. The regular
tour gardens will get one page each of Journal space. The Thursday gardens
will be divided into 5 separate bus trips, as it will be impossible to see
them all. For the Thursday gardens one person will be responsible for each
"group" of gardens, with each garden in a group receiving approximately 1/2
page of Journal space.

There are five separate groups on Thursday. Two out of town, and three metro
(these will be repeated as shown below):

Out of Town:
1. Schoephoerster, Country Lane (Ken Anderson), additional vendors at
Andersons - leaves hotel @ 7:30am returns 4:05pm
2. Koopmans and  Shady Oaks - leaves hotel 8:00am returns 1:45pm

As you can see, the people who go on these will have to think about possibly
missing some other activities (hosta show judging: 1130am-230pm,  judging
clinics: 1&2 (3pm and 4pm).  Judges/clerks etc will be able to go before
and/or, if expedient, after judging.

Metro Tours:
3. Childers, Schwartzbauer, Funkie Gardens: 7am-noon; noon-5pm
4. Baker, Frost, Peters(next door to each other), Kelley & Kelley Nursery:
7am-11am; 11:30am-3:50pm; 12:10pm-4:50pm
5. Olson, Emmerich, Savory Gardens: 7am-10:15am; 7:45am-11am; noon-3:15pm;
12:45pm-4pm; 2pm-5:15pm; 2:45pm-6pm

Ben Lockhart will be speaking at 5:30pm so the last Savory loop will miss
him....

If you are interested in volunteering please contact me ASAP. A confirmatory
letter will be sent after the list is "solidified".

I also need a volunteer to write-up the scientific session and any other
aspect of the convention that is found to be of interest. A first-timer's
article is always fun to read. Don Dean will provide me with the Auction
write-up. Thanks for your help! Your participation makes the Journal what it
is!

Tour Gardens:

Jay and Dory Venero
5985 Seamans Drive