Re: seedling question

>>>>Also, Ed said to use a thin
dowel to stir the soil up around the seedlings and between the rows.  This
lets air into the soil and breaks up the crust that the algae forms.<<<<<

Makes sense to me (since I do that ;-) ) cause I find no matter what or
whichever way you water, the soil /medium settles and becomes a little
compacted eventually.  Another thing I've found is that, they really seem to
respond to transplanting regardless being at the 1, 2, 3 leaf stage.  I had
a batch that did nothing after developing 1 leaf (or first leaf or whatever
it is, no disrespect Beth) , transplanted half which took off and the
balance remained the same till I transplanted them.  Clueless as to why but
it works!   And then maybe it works cause if you've sowed heavely they may
be competing with each other and fighting it out till they get their own
space!  Like my 1000 + coleus are doing now!
O.K.  so I'm gonna go transplant some coleus now...
Thanks

Barbara
Quebec, Canada
mailto:township@acbm.qc.ca