Re: seedling question

Hi Everybody,
There are three different thoughts about the clear domes. Some say to remove
them when you get to the 2 leaf stage..some leave them on till they hit the
top and some buy the 6 inch high domes.
Might I suggest that you try some of your seeds one way and some the
other...they only thing that will, is what works for you. I find, I don't
have to water every day, if I have the domes..or even every other day. That
works for me.
Some start seedlings in the 72 and 96 trays. That doesn't work as well for
me. They dry out too quick.
 I put about 2 inches of the wet seedling mixture in the bottom of a tray.
Cover it and keep it moist till they sprout.
I have lights on my seelings, 24 hours a day. But they are in a warm basement
and in front of sunshine.
I know I am mostly remiss in the fertilizer application. They need more than
I am getting them and I have to get better at that.
I learned at the college we need to change bulbs every year...which I haven't
done yet either. But I do have the sun doing it's part and that helps.
The milled spagum moss works for me. I don't lose a lot of seedlings...my
biggest problem is getting rid of the seedlings that are not streaked like, I
am looking for.
There is something about killing the babies...I just can't do it.
Anybody want some green Let's Streak?  I have bunches...about 4 to 5 inches
I send everybody home with seedlings...