Mike so glad to hear how you treat seedlings.  I was beginning to think that
I was the only one that just put them in a tray and let them grow.  Never
have used a dome and never have covered a seed.  Never have lost one from
damp off.  I agree with the person that says transplanting is good.  I
transplant at one leaf stage and at least 3 more times before they are moved
outside in Mid April.  Now have plants that are over 12 inches.  Sure wish it
was time to go into growing houses.