Re: Heavie-Jeebies

In a message dated 3/20/00 7:08:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
township@acbm.qc.ca writes:

<< Took a walk, and found that many of them have been
 lifted out of the ground or the soil has been washed away when we had a
 quick thaw a couple of weeks ago.   >>

Barbara, they have been heaved.  I can usually push mine back down and scoop
some soil over them to cover them.  Good thing they had snow over them that
was some protection and good thing that you are watching.  Heaving on the
little ones can be a killer or sometimes they are fine anyway, hard to tell.

If your soil is not soft enough to try the pushing down thing then how about
just covering with fine mulch or topsoil?