Subject: Re: Heavie-Jeebies
Author:  hosta-open@mallorn.com (owner-hosta-open@mallorn.com) at HERCULES
Date:    03/20/2000 9:30 AM

Hi Bruce
Your suggestion sounds easier to me than digging and potting up.  Just
one
more question tho.  The area is totally exposed, and if the eyes are
left
above the soil line, would they not be subject to drying out from the
wind,
sun and eventual frosts (and probably snow) again?   Are you telling
me that
as long as the roots are protected and kept from drying out, the eyes
and
subsequent leaves will be fine?
Thanks.
Barbara