Re: $31,680., $47,520., or $115,560. That's a lot of BAP 10!

Paul:

>I think the prices are high, to high for my tastes. So when spring
>comes I am going to make my own BAP and test it out my self.

The price of BAP-10 may seem to be high, but if you go out and buy
your own BAP and mix it up yourself you will discover that it will
cost you even more.  Pure BAP is fairly expensive.  From the figures
given in various messages I would guess that Plantwise is buying BAP
in very large bulk quantities, maybe by the ton!  I checked out the
prices awhile back and if you buy the stuff a thousand pounds at a
time you can get a decent price break.

A liter of BAP-10 at $175 (with popstage) sounds expensive, but you
dilute the stuff 25 to 100 fold, so the working soultion isn't
actually as expensive as you think.  If you are a commerical nursery
you will actually spend more money applying the BAP then in the actual
cost of the chemical.

Personally, I don't see any reason why the average home gardener would
want to use the stuff, unless they are a hybridizer and want to
propagate some of their own hostas.  The home gardener wanting to
propagate some extra plants for trading or to support their habit will
find that Rossizing will work just about as well.

Joe Halinar