Re: $31,680., $47,520., or $115,560. That's a lot of BAP 10!

 A liter of BAP-10 at $175 (with popstage) sounds expensive, but you
 dilute the stuff 25 to 100 fold, so the working soultion isn't
 actually as expensive as you think.  If you are a commerical nursery
 you will actually spend more money applying the BAP then in the actual
 cost of the chemical.

 Personally, I don't see any reason why the average home gardener would
 want to use the stuff, unless they are a hybridizer and want to
 propagate some of their own hostas.  The home gardener wanting to
 propagate some extra plants for trading or to support their habit will
 find that Rossizing will work just about as well.

 Joe you are right - the problem that I see is that most PGR's start to breaking down after a week or more of storage in a liquid form.
What I want to find out is what concentration one needs of fresh BAP to induce lateral bud growth.

1000 parts per million just seems way too high.

Another concern I have is that one does not need to make many litters - there is no reason as you stated to treat ever Hosta in the state.

BAP will not cause your Hosta to grow larger- in fact it will have the opposite effect since it tends to retard root growth.

BAP is a counter agent to Auxins and Auxins cause shoot and root elongation (cell proliferation)

So my main motivation is cost, I want to reduce the concentration and have less of the material on hand.

Since I all ready have 10 grams of it in crystalline form, it's not going to cost me any more to try it on my Hosta. I just need to determine the best way to dissolve it. KOH or 95% ethanol?