Re: $31,680., $47,520., or $115,560. That's a lot of BAP 10!

  If you
> want to use a lower concentration you may be able to get some results
> if you can treat the plants for a longer period of time.  For example,
> you could take small hostas as the leaves emerge, put the foliage into
> a container and let them soak in a lower concentration of BAP for
> 24-48 hours.  I haven't tried this approach as it's more work then I
> care to do.
>
> >Another concern I have is that one does not need to make many litters
> >- there is no reason as you stated to treat ever Hosta in the state.
>
> BAP-10 is stable, so it will store for a long time.
>
> Joe Halinar

Has any one tried using a "sticker" mixed into the solution of BAP so that the compound does not wash off during watering?

You raise the issue of the use of DSMO and I wonder if BA permeability through the leaf cuticle has been studied.

I use a "sticker" compound when I fertilize my daylilies and have had very good response verse a plain foliar spray with out the "sticker".

I think I might give this a try and see if there is any effect on results.

Has it been determined yet when the best time frame is for application, I would think the best results verse the amount of spray used would be during shoot emergence in the spring.  Since BAP works on suppressing the effects of Auxin, to me this seems to be the best time for application while the shoot is actively producing auxin.

I also wonder if the application of BAP just before bud growth would have any effect.

The use of BAP during the summer resting period probably shows the most dramatic effect of BAP but I wonder if results might not be better in the spring and the promoting of a second flush in mid summer using another BAP treatment, this still would give the divisions enough time to root up well before Winter.

Paul