Re: FUTURE AT A GLANCE 1950

            Fwd: FUTURE AT A GLANCE 1950

  (1). "Ill tell you one Thing. If things keep going the way they are,its'
  going to be impossible to buy a weeks groceries for $20."

  (2) "Have you seen the new cars coming out next year? It won't be long
  when
  $5000 will only buy a used one."

  (3). "If cigarettes keep going up in price, I'm going to quit. A quarter
  pack is ridiculous."

  (4). "Did you hear the post office is thinking about charging dime just
  mail a letter?"

  (5). "The Government is wanting to get its hands on everything. Pretty
  soon
  it's going to be impossible to run a family business or farm."

  (6). "If they raise the minimum wage to $1 ,nobody will be able to hire
  outside help at the store."

  (7). "When I first started driving, who would have thought gas would
  someday cost 50 cents a gallon. Guess we'd be better off leaving the car in
  the garage."

  (8). "Kids today are impossible. Those duck tail hair cuts make it
  impossible to stay groomed. Next thing you know, boys will be wearing their
  hair as long as the girls."

  (9). "Not only that, but their music drives me wild. That `Rock Around
  The
  Clock` thing is nothing but racket."

  (10). "I'm afraid to send my kids to the movies any more. Ever since they
  let Clark Gable get by with saying `damn` in `Gone With The Wind,` it seems
  every movie has a `hell` or`damn in it."

  (11). "Not only that,but it won't be long until couples are sleeping in
  the
  same bed in the movies. What is this world coming to?"

  (12)."Marilyn Monroe is now showing her bra and panties, so apparently
  there are no standards anymore."

  (13). "Pretty soon you won't be able to buy a good 10 cent cigar."

  (14). "I read the other day where some scientist thinks it's possible to
  put a man on the moon by the end of the of the century. They even have some
  fellows they call astronauts preparing for it down in Texas."

  (15). "Did you see where some baseball player just signed a contract for
  $75,000 a year just to play ball? It wouldn't surprise me if someday they'll
  be making more than the president."

  (16). "Do you suppose television will ever reach our part of the country?"

  (17). "I never thought I'd see the day all our kitchen appliances would be
  electric. They are even making electric typewriters now."

  (18). "It's too bad that things are so tough nowadays. I see where a few
  married women are having to work to make ends meet."

  (19). "It won't be long before young couples are going to have to hire
  someone to watch their kids so they can both work."

  (20). "Marriage doesn't mean a thing anymore, Those Hollywood stars seem
  be getting divorced at the drop of a hat."

  (21). " I'll tell you one thing. If my kid ever talks back to me like
  that,
  they won't be able to sit down for a week."

  (22). "Did you know that the new church in town is allowing women to wear
  slacks to their service?"

  (23). "Next thing you know is, the government will start paying us not to
  grow crops."

  (24). "I'm just afraid that Volkswagen car is going to open the door to a
  whole lot of foreign business."

  (25). "Thank goodness I won;t live to see the day when the Government
  takes
  half our income in taxes. I sometimes wonder if we are electing the best
  people to congress."

  (26). "Why in the world would you want to send your daughter to college?
  Isn't she going to get married? It would be different if she could be a
  doctor or a lawyer."

  (27). "I just hate to see the young people smoking. As I tell my
  kids,Don't
  take a cigarette from ANYONE. You never know what might be in it."

  (28). That drive-in restaurant is convenient in nice weather, but I
  seriously doubt they will ever catch on."

  (29). "There is no sense going to Lincoln or Omaha anymore for a weekend.
  It costs nearly $15 a night to stay in a hotel."

  (30). "Anymore no one can afford to be sick..$35 a day in the hospital is
too rich for my blood."

  (31). "If a few idiots want to risk their necks flying across the country
  that's fine, but nothing will ever replace trains."

  (32). "I don't know about you but if they raise the price of coffee to 15
  cents, Ill just have to drink mine at home."

  (33). "If they think I'll pay 50 cents for a hair cut, forget it. I'll
  have
  my wife learn to cut hair."

  (34). "We won't be going out much anymore. Our baby sitter informed us she
  wants 50 cents an hour. Kids think money grows on trees."

  (35). "Cars that dim there lights by sensors, automatic transmissions, and
  who knows what else? Pretty soon they will drive themselves."

  No it wasn't so long ago!!!