Re: $31,680., $47,520., or $115,560. That's a lot of BAP 10!

Jim,
I found your comments about timing of exogenous cytokinins (BAP) very
interesting and wonder if we could get further clarification.  My limited
understanding is that auxin biosynthesis is highest in the apical region,
especially young expanding leaves. Cytokinin production on the other hand, is
highest in the roots.  If we are looking for a low auxin/high cytokinin ratio
to favor bud formation does it follow that timing of application of BAP
should follow the seasonal growth stages in hosta- i.e. after the first flush
of foliage and while the roots are actively growing?  Also do you believe
ontogenetic age (juvenile vs. adult) plays a factor?  (Ed Elslager's results
seem to imply it doesn't).  In addition, could too early application of BAP
actually inhibit root formation of juvenile hosta?  Any additional insight
would be greatly appreciated.

Dave Drum
Wayzata Mn
Zone 4