Re: hosta-open DIGEST V1 #778

>Joe is this virus anything that will bother hostas?  Should I clean
>out the tulips?  I had read that the red and yellow streaking in
>tulips were from virus.  Maybe that would be the way to get red

I'm not an expert on viruses.  There are many different plant viruses,
some will infect many different plants while others are rather
specific to which plants they will infect.  The streaked tulips you
buy today are not virus induced but rather are bred to look that way.
I sort of doubt that the virused tulips will infect the hostas.  The
question I have is, has anyone identified any serious virus problems
with hostas?

Joe Halinar