Re: fragrant hosta

In regard to ;

>>I just got MardiGras, and did not have blooms, but it is the unstable form
of Fragrant Bouquet, so I imagine it is fragrant. Royal Super is fragrant as
well and bloomed profusely for me last year.<<

Lori Johnson<< and

 >>I have been asked if the following hostas are fragrant and do not know.
Would appreciate their parentage (if known) and whether they are fragrant.<<

I just got this back from Mark Zilis.

" Jim--
     I am no longer using the name 'Mardi Gras'. I have granted Olga
Petryszyn permission to use this name for one of her hybrids.

    'Color Parade' is the streaked sport of 'Fragrant Bouquet'. It generally
has green margins and a streaked center or all-streaked foliage. The plant I
had called 'Mardi Gras', has white-margined foliage with a streaked center.
I will give this a new name.

Mark

Jim Schwarz  (zone 4)

web site: http://<A HREF="www.Jimshostas.com">www.JimsHostas.com</A>