Re: Conradina verticillata vs Rosmarinus officinalis?

In a message dated 3/29/00 4:25:20 PM Central Standard Time, dpmossbe@TDS.NET
writes:

<< Rosemary is not a hardy herb for Minnesota. Put it in a pot and overwinter
 in the house. My rosemary & bay leaf are growing and can hardly wait to get
 outside.    Peg    MN >>

Hi Peg,  I was told that Conradina verticillata is not the "true" culinary
rosemary.  I'm not sure, but I think the rosemary I've tried UNSUCCESSFULLY
to overwinter is Rosmarinus officinalis.  I was hoping to get a plant that
looked and smelled like rosemary that would actually last from year to year.
I don't like cooking, but I just love the smell of rosemary.  Peg, have you
been successful in overwintering it?

If anyone attended Dr. Frank Porter's class "Growing Medicinal Herbs
Organically" at the Hosta College, how did he relate herbs to hostas?  Did he
have a list of shade tolerant herbs?  Sounds like a nice way to add fragrance
to our hosta gardens if there are.  Since many hostas can take a fair amount
of sun, maybe that's the place to combine them?

Thanks,
Cindy Johnson
White Bear Lake, MN
zone 4a