Re: fertilizing hostas

In a message dated 03/29/2000 9:52:35 PM Central Standard Time,
Gailjo3@aol.com writes:

<< Hank, Sorry I confused you. I meant that timed release fertilizers, which
 obviously have, can be put on anytime now, but that I've read, several
 places, that
 the fertilizer won't start to 'work' until the soil warms up to about 70
 degrees. Gail >>

This is correct-the products work using internal water pressure, which is
temputure related.

The warmer it is the more fertilizer is released, in cold soil no or very
little fertilizer is released.

In really hot weather the beads can flush all the fertilizer in a relatively
short period of time.