streaked offspring and book on variegated plants

Bill Meyer
Yoshi Hirose is the author of the book with a 1000 pictures of
variegated plants. According to him most streaked plants give
streaked offspring. I have myself a variegated plantain that gives
nearly 100% streaked ofspring and the same for a  streaked
pepperplant. Also a streked Tradescantia I have gives a fair number
of streaked offspring So it is not uncommon. For those interested,
a second volume of  Y Hirose book on variegated plants has
appeared last december. It has many pictures of variegated hosta ,
all collected in the wild!
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden