Origin of Sports Discussion

Hi Everyone,
        This discussion began with Jim Hawes stating that Ben Zonneveld's theoeries on the origin of sports are at odds with the conventional wisdom to date citing Tilney-Bassett, Dermen, Vaughn, and Marcotrigiano as the authors of this wisdom. I have to agree that Ben's theories are substantially different. This of course does not mean they are wrong. I for one hope that Ben will explain a bit as to his reasons for these theories and some of the thinking behind them. Throughout history there have been those who have challenged the conventional wisdom like Gallileo and without them we would know far less today. Some have proven correct and gone on to become the authors of today's conventional wisdom, while others were proven wrong and soon forgotten.
         Has anyone found any of Dr. Michael Marcotrigiano's articles, and if so, could they post them here or to me personally if they are too large for hosta-open?
                                                                                                     ..........Bill Meyer