Ani Machi or Geisha?

Hi folks,

As I was looking up Apple Court in Mark Zilis' book, I read that it's a sport of 'Ani Machi' (Ani Machi Giboshi) ('Geisha') and that...
"Ani Machi Giboshi can be found in many Japanese collections and is the same plant that has been sold as 'Geisha'.  It is not, however, the plant that Kevin Vaughn registered under this name in 1983.  Whatever the history, it grows into an impressive, medium-sized mound of center-variegated foliage that has ornamental interest even as the center color changes to green.""

Then I looked up Geisha in the index and found:
'Geisha' ( = H. 'Ani Machi')

Does this mean that the plant I got as Geisha through Robyn's Nest is not the same plant that Kevin registered or that it is the same plant, but it should be called Ani Machi?  Does it mean that Apple Court is a sport of Kevin's Geisha or of Ani Machi ....or none of the above???

Kevin and Robyn, are you reading this?  Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Thanks,
Cindy Johnson
White Bear Lake, MN
zone 4a  where our snow is melting fast with a string of days above freezing!