From: "C.H. Falstad" <chf@MACATAWA.ORG>
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2001 12:27 PM
Subject: Re: Ani Machi or Geisha?

Does this mean that the plant I got as Geisha through Robyn's Nest is not
the same plant that Kevin registered or that it is the same plant, but it
should be called Ani Machi?  Does it mean that Apple Court is a sport of
Kevin's Geisha or of Ani Machi ....or none of the above???
I check with Kevin some time ago as we were working to get all plants
registered.  As I remember, he said the plant he registered as Geisha no
longer existed and he would not mind that Paul Aden reused the name.  This
was definately a fortunate circumstance as you could easily see the dangers
that could occur when someone does not register their plants with the IRA
(International Registration Authority).  We would than have two different
plants with the same name.  What confusion!

Anyway, the plant you have may one day be corrected in the registration.
That means two other things.  One, that the registration description using
Kevin Vaughn's plant is not the same as the plant currently being sold under
that name, and Kevin's plant does not exist; so you don't have to worry
about trying to find it.

C.H. Falstad
Prime Plants TM
Holland, MI