example of mitotic recombination in Hosta

My articles in the AHs are NOT scientific articles .They just give
some BASIC genetics applied to hosta Remember that I have been
busy in genetics research and teaching for more than 36 years. In
spend most of my time in the lab not in the office.
MIToTIC RECOMBINATION clearly seems for some of you a case
of: I have never heard about it so its not true. Let me give an
example ie Yellow leaves in hosta These are due to a NUCLEAR (
my emphasis) dominant mutation..THat is why we get about 50 %
yellow ofspring from a yellow plant.
 The most common sequence in hosta sports eg in the Tiaras is
the following: (The sequence of sports is very important for
understanding. THat is what can be found in my booklet but is
unfortunately missing completely in the hosta wheel data)
Green>> yellow edge=1>> yellow =2>>> green edge= 3
1= a sport due to a mutation ( a very rare happening!)
2= a sport due to a chimeral rearrangement
3= a sport due to mitotic recombination.
All this can easily be gleaned from my rule of thumbs.
So far I have not seen a single contra argument and I should like to
hear your explanation if you have any, for the green edge in 3
 Ps: a back mutation is as rare as a forward mutation! so is very
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands