Re: copyright?? on library photos

bob wrote:

> You don't see
> anyone go to a commercial site and steal photos for their site and they
> shouldn't steal from the library.

That's not necessarily true.  People do take pics from commercial sites and there
is virtually nothing you can do about it.  As an example, you will find some of
my pictures on the paradisegarden.com web site.  Not only are they using them
without permission, they have been asked to take them down and they won't.  They
even had the nerve to tell me that they didn't use my pictures because they
weren't good enough. .  I think the fact that I have the original slides proves
otherwise, but unless I want to hire a lawyer, there isn't much I can do. They
have a big copyright notice on their site telling people not to copy anything
there, that takes guts.  I could use their pictures and dare them to try to stop
me, but except for the ones they took from me, they're all crap.

Chick