Re: example of mitotic recombination in Hosta

>The most common sequence in hosta sports eg in the Tiaras is
>the following: (The sequence of sports is very important for
>understanding. THat is what can be found in my booklet but is
>unfortunately missing completely in the hosta wheel data)
>Green>> yellow edge=1>> yellow =2>>> green edge= 3
>1= a sport due to a mutation ( a very rare happening!)
>2= a sport due to a chimeral rearrangement
><3= a sport due to mitotic recombination.
>All this can easily be gleaned from my rule of thumbs.

I wish I had some idea of just what it is you are trying to say here.
It's all gibberish to me.  The scientific literature is quite clear -
mitotic recombination is VERY rare and where it has been demonstrated
it was done under very unusual conditions using HIGH levels of
irradiation.  If you have proved the mitotic recombination occures in
hostas, would you please tell us the experimental methods you employed
and the peer review scientific journal where you published your
results!  Your "rule of thumb for sports in hostas" just doesn't do it
for me.  I'm really beginning to wonder if you really even have any
idea just what mitotic recombination is.  remember Ben that you are
not dealing with a single cell organism when you are dealing with

Joe Halinar