Re: copyright?? on library photos

Ransom Lydell wrote:
 If I place
> them in the public domain, ---well they are in the public domain!  Any
> picture I have placed any where on the internet, is avaliable to anyone who
> wants to use, with out asking.  I will feel free to use others pictures in
> the same spirit.

Hi Ran
	Your trying to charge for someone to take photos of your plants is like
someone trying to charge gm or ford for taking photos of their cars.
	Try to take a photo out of Shady Oak's catalog and put it on your site
and see what happens. Does it matter if you take them without permission
from a catalog or the internet. Taking something without permission is
stealing no matter where you take it.
	As far as the plants someone is creating a copy of your plants, not
taking your plants. This is legal according to the laws. You might need
to see if you can get the law changed.
                Hostasonline http://hostasonline.com/
                Hosta Library http://hostalibrary.org/