Re: copyright?? on library photos

Exactly, Ran... the PUBLIC DOMAIN - that says it all. The last thing we
need is more 'internet police'.  The very spirit of the net is about
sharing - FREELY SHARING, whether it be ideas, words, pictures.  If you
put it on the net - be prepared to have others use it, take it, borrow
it, whatever.

I would be VERY interested to know how many of the people who are so
intent on protecting their photos can say they have nothing, they didn't
(as Bob so delicately puts it) STEAL.  Frankly, people, when I first
visited the library, I just automatically assumed, as I'm sure many do,
that the photos were there to be viewed, and used as desired.  Why put
up such a site and then stipulate that no-one can use the pics?  Makes
no sense...

NOW - check your hard drives people!  Got any programs from a friend or
associate that you didn't in fact pay for?  Maybe a nice little
LICENSED, COPYRIGHTED Mickeysoft game or two?  Or maybe you've been
collecting the latest music on Napster?  How about that shareware
program you continue to use even though you have no intention of
registering it or paying for it?

The nice thing about all this furor, is that it sparks interest in bored
readers like myself who take great delight in ripping into the library
just for the heck of it.  Carry on Bob!  I love it!  Fort Knox is still
wide open.   Oh, by the way - that's a really cute pic of you and the
girlfriend.... Shall I post it on Hostapix?  8-)

hehehe

Ransom Lydell wrote:

> [...]

anyone who> wants to use, with out asking.  I will feel free to use
others pictures in