Re: copyright?? on library photos

Nobody is suggesting "internet police" any more than we have "magazine police"
or "television police".   Nobody cares if you take a picture out of a magizine
and put it in your scrapbook.  But try putting an ad in a magazine using a
competitor's picture because it's easier and cheaper than producing your own.
Does that seem reasonable? This thing about everything being ok as long as it's
on the web is, I think, more convenient than logical.  If you put a picture of
your family on your personal web page can I take it and use it as I please?
Maybe if I was designing a web page for Proctor and Gamble and needed a picture
good looking guy to sell toothpaste I could just take a picture of Ran off  the
web and use it because it's in the PUBLIC DOMAIN.  Bull.  ("I don't have a
personal web page" is not a valid response. We're talking about your theory
that anyone can do anything with whatever they find on the web.)

I doubt that anyone cares whether individuals take pictures off the web and do
whatever it is they do with them.  I hereby give anyone who doesn't compete
with my business permission to use the pictures on my web site for their
personal gratification.  Take them to your tatoo artist and have Blue Dimples
put on your butt for all I care.  But you cannot convince me that somebody who
has a hosta business really thinks that it is ethical to use pictures from my
web site without permission.

Chick