Re: copyright?? on library photos

----- Original Message -----
From: "bob" <bobaxe@sbtek.net>
To: <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 5:57 PM
****************
Bob
I guess if you can apply that to plants, you must apply it to pictures of
them.  I agree with Chick, that taking pictures from a commercial
publication, is stooping pretty low.  But again if I want to protect any
thing, I can copywrite it.  Less difficult , than getting a patent on a
plant.  But you have missed the point.  The plants that are subjects of the
photos, are in many cases not owned by the photographer.  Yet we are making
an arguement for the ownership of the image.  I would like to hear from
those that have posted pictures of plants devloped or hybridized by someone
other than themself.  Show me the justification for using those plants as
subjects with out permission of the originator.
Thanks
Ran
Subject: Re: copyright?? on library photos