Re: Two Formulas for Hosta Gardening

In a message dated 03/08/2001 11:38:18 AM Central Standard Time,
Traveler200000@aol.com writes:

<< ecided to simply experiment with 3 batches (exposure time/intensity) to
 fulfill his desire to "work" in this area.
 ...Jim this problem is truly frustrating and gnawing at me. Is no one
sharing
 this information?
 .......................................................Respectfully...Jim
 Towle

I am not Jim-so forgive me for my response.

But why do you want irradiated seeds?  What do you expect from them?

I know that irradiation was a fad many years ago-but produced little of any
thing worth while in any of the plant groups were it was utilized. Thus it is
not done now with any constancy this is probably why you cannot find any one
to give you information.  It is just is not happening.

Currently in plant studies a lot of work is being done in protoplast fusion
and somatic hybridization plus the hot field of transformation using a gene
gun.

If you have not yet posted your questions to the tissue culture list serve,
they might be able to help you, I am sure that a number of the professors
there have done diffrent irradiation experiments in the past.

Paul