Re: copyright?? on library photos//court is in session.

"H. WILLIAMS" wrote:

> Dan, Bob, Chick, whoever....
> Perhaps I did not make myself clear.  This is a library.  Like someone
> said, you can cut photos out of a magazine and make a scrapbook - I can
> go to any public library and photocopy pictures, and text for my
> personal use.  If someone is stupid enough to use such things
> commercially, in a book, advertisement, as you say in another web site -
> that's THEIR problem and and they can be judged accordingly.  What I
> strongly object to is the over-reaction to all this.

Maybe I missed a change in the topic, but I think the discussion started
when I complained about a business using my pictures to sell hostas without
permission, and Bob talking about a person using Mary's pictures to sell
hostas.  Nobody on our side of the discussion has over-reacted to people
using the pictures for personal use.  I think we have made it abundently
clear what the rules are.  If you'll recall, I even offered to let you have
them permanently displayed on your backside.  Without my permission.

The discussion may have taken some twists and turns when the free traders
tried to convince us that everything on the web is community property, but
it was not Bob or Dan or I who changed the subject.