Re: literature on mit rec

Ben:

>It is nice to know that at least one of the JH now suddenly confesses
>that yellow is nuclear

Like I said in another post, I do know yellow in hosta is a nuclear
gene - don't know why you would assume otherwise.

>After this I follow Marcotrigiani and will not spend more time trying
>to convince non-believers.

Ben, you still have NOT proven that mitotic recombination is the
reason why yellow hostas develop green edges.  Until that time you
have to say that mitotic recombination MAY be a cause of it, but that
other causes are just as likely.

>just as he nows seems to accept after my article in the AHS that the
>first leaf in Hosta seedling is a true leaf, not a cotyl

I know that cotyledons in some plants stay underground, but you were
trying to tell us at the time that monocots did NOT have cotyledons!

Now, of the four citations, only four for the entire higher plants,
how many of them actually PROVED the mitotic recombination.  You can
set up experiments that SUGGEST mitotic recombination, but proving it
is mitotic recombination is something else.  I've read some of the
articles where the evidence suggested mitotic recombination, but even
the authors state that the results only suggest mitotic recombination,
not prove it.

Joe Halinar