Re: Hosta College Sale

Good Morning, Sam I Am.I did forgot to mention Mike Shadrack.  He did speak
and it was great as always.  It was a short talk and mentioned that the Miss
Marples of England were really plant thieves.. They bike around to garden
tours with their clippers and steal cuttings, seeds, etc.  After a few
wonderful jokes, you still got the feeling that this happens a great deal
over there and he was surprised at how seldom it happened in the USA despite
our having the highest crime rate in the world..  I swore that I would
remember some of his jokes, but as usual, I forgot.
I think that judges clinic II went well and that I passed.  It seemed easier
than last time.  The new rules are good and can be easily done within our
club.  I think that judging is just a natural progression of the love of
Hostas.There will be several updates to the presentations in the future.  I
requested that they show at least the judging of two more plants.  The
presentation was done during the winter and they had to use photos.  I'm
really looking forward to being able to host a clinic at a local club and  am
thrilled to be able to judge at the National this year as well as Kentucky,
Indiana and Cincinnati.  If you saw the book on Daylilies, didn't you wish
someone would do one just like it on hostas.?  One of the best things was
that it would fit on my bookshelf.  I had to buy anothe Zillis book since
mine is hopelessly lost.
I hope that you got away from Hosta College in better  financial  position
than I did. I made a major book investment and still didn't get the rock
garden book as it was gone when I found I had just enough money left for it.
It was great to meet you and hope to see you again at the National.
Wasn't it great to have Mary there with all her babies?  I think everyone
wants Lakeside Coal Miner.  I know she is not happy about the photo piracy,
but she had the foresight to name her plants in such a way that  no matter
where the photos are shown, we all go running to find her.  If all
hybridizers did something similar,  this piracy could be the best thing that
ever happened to advertising.  Maybe websites should be  embedded along with
the photos.