RE: Slide Show First Look

In a message dated 3/12/01 9:28:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sallybobm@aol.com writes:

AHS Region One Team:  This is a wonderful way to start a
dreary Monday morning!  Congratulations on your fine work.  Any chance this
can be kept as a permanent feature of the Hosta Library for a revisit now

Thank you for your kind words.  I would be happy to keep this slide show in
place.  Bob has written a slideshow program (which he tried in vain to help
me with) with this set of photos. Click on the credits page
 First Look Slide Show Credits Page

and down at the bottom is a button to click on to have it run as a timed
slide presentation.

For the time being, I hope you will enjoy this set of photos showing the
kinds of NEW HOSTAS that hybridizers all over the country are producing.
 This is what FIRST LOOK will be about!  Imagine seeing ALL of the NEWEST
HOSTAS all in one place at one time, competing for top honors with awards
named for Mildred Seaver, Frances Williams, the Lachmans and Dr. Kevin Vaughn.

We think it will not only be exciting for the competitors entering plants,
but every attendee will get to vote on the best NEW HOSTAS!  AHS judges will
vote for two of the top awards, and the attendees will vote for the winners
of the other two top awards.

Bob Solberg gives a talk on how we, the customers of hosta growers, affect
what hostas are produced and tc'd and ultimately marketed. If ever there was
an opportunity to be a part of what new hostas get produced, it will at FIRST
LOOK. Whatever new hosta characteristics, colors, leaf shape, and every other
thing HOSTA, that enters the competition, will be seen  all in one room, all
in one place,
for the first time,EVER!

So Sally, if you think that seeing photos of these new plants is
exciting.....can you IMAGINE  how exciting it will be to see them in person?
 I get goosebumps just thinking about it!

Now that I have gone off into an "Andrew", the answer to your question is, if
Bob feels there is room at the Library to make this a screen saver or a slide
show, that is OK with us. It can be a present from FIRST LOOK. and the

Carol in CT z6/5
Crazy About Hostas
AHS Region One Team
First Look Meeting