First Look Treat

Andrew says,
>Incredible...  When people offer the question, "Just how many more lookalikes Hosta do we need?", I >know they need to dig deeper in their mind's eye to envision new possibilities.  OR, now I can just point >them to your new slide show!  Most of these don't look anything like what is already out there.
>Awesome!!!  Great work, hybridizers and FirstLook crew.  And these are just a few of what can be >seen?  Wowzer.
Hi everyone,
       The pictures we selected were of exciting new unreleased (mostly) plants that we happened to have really good photos of. There are other pictures of equally exciting plants that didn't match up photo-quality wise. These plants are just the tip of the iceberg of exciting new hostas that will be entering the market in the next few years. Some have said that we are getting to the point with hostas where we have already seen all we're going to see. If that were true the future would hold little promise.
       Happily I can say that it isn't true, not one bit! Many of the hybridizers working with Hosta do not have good photos of their plants and are not represented in the slide show. I have been to visit some of them and, trust me, they have some that are the equal of those that are in there! If I was any good with a camera I could prove it.
       Many of the best new plants out there will show up to compete at the First Look Seedling and Sport Competition, so if you enjoyed the little treat we gave you, why not come to the feast? You'll all be welcome! I guarantee you won't be disappointed if you like new hostas.
                                                                                                        .......Bill Meyer