I understand completely Carolyn. I have no problem with you censoring my postings. Our registrar quit because of the overload caused by Jim Wilkins's policy to get so many hostas registered is so short a time. The preferred growers group was an attempt by several board members to restrict free trade by limiting advertising in AHS publications and sales area allocations at AHS functions. Four out of our 9 AHS executive board members are tied together in business dealings for profit from the sales of hostas.
You can do your part to keep these facts unknown to AHS members by restricting postings on your robin.
Thanks for letting me stay on your robin. Censored mode is good enough for me.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2001 6:43 AM

Dear Dan and Ben,

I have put these two addresses on REVIEW:

Dan Nelson <sussextreeinc@CE.NET>
zonneveld <zonneveld@rulbim.leidenuniv.nl>

That is, the messages to the PHOENIX HOSTA ROBIN originating from these
two addresses will be sent to me, as ListOwner, for approval before they
are posted on the PHOENIX. The subscribers are, therefore, not kicked
off, but I will determine whether the content is appropriate to and
complies with the mission of the PHOENIX.

It is my opinion that the messages below demonstrate personal attacks on
an individual.
Carolyn Schaffner in Buffalo, NY

Dan Nelson wrote:
> I will be leaving tomorrow for Israel.  I will try to respond to any
> privately posted letters when I return in two weeks.  Hopefully, spring will
> be here by then and we will all have gardening to keep us happy.
> Sincerely,
> Jim Wilkins
> President and member of The American Hosta Society
> ========================
> Jim,
> I will wait until you get back to reply. This will give some time to talk to
> Alex and maybe some of the reasons he has for you to step down will convince
> you that it is best for everyone involved. Maybe you can pick up a new
> Registrar for the genus hosta while you are overseas. Be sure to check for
> Preferred Growers in Israel. Have a good flight.
> Dan

JIm Wilkens avoided to answer the question why foreigners have to pay
more . However he did give a good reason why we should pay less ( and
the same argument is used in other plant societies):

<<One important thing to remember is that we are paying dues for
<<the many activities of our society, not a magazine subscription.

 Activities we, simple due to distance, cannot easily take part!!
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands