codominant, yellow leaved hostas

Dear Mr Marcotrigiano
Let me introduce myself I am a geneticist who has performed
thousands of crosses in Hosta.  I can tell you based on my
experiments that I am 100 % sure that yellow leaves in hosta are
indeed codominant and homozygous lethal. So indeed all fully
yellow hostas are heterozygous ( as far as investigated). If it was a
sorting out plastid factor as you suggest, how to explain that one-
third of the ofspring of a fully yellow plant, when selfed,  is still
green? Or that 50 % of the offspring is yellow when POLLEN of a
fully yellow plant is applied to a green MOTHER plant.  So I am
very  surprized about your statement that ""all of the inheritance
data suggests a plastid mutation (reference?). I did have an
exchange of letters with K Vaughn 3-4 years ago in which he
clearly stated that the Wogon in his article was an exception and
he agreed that all Wogons now in culture and all other fully yellow
leaved hostas are due to this codominant factor. I hope you dont
get an indigestion from eating all the hostas ( LOL)