twinspots inmeristem

Bill
You raises a good point as did Marcotrigiano about the low
incidence of twin spots. I am especially happy with your
observation of the spots in Amber Tiara I noted the same thing
when I was with C Falstad
The most likely explanation of the absence of twinspots in yellow
leaves yet at the same time the frequent mit rec in sport is the
following The frequency of mitotic recobination can be strongly
influenced by circumstances That is why we ( seem to) see more
of these in tc At the same time a cell in the top meristem might be
more prone to mit rec than at other places cq at other times . Just
speculating I really dont have a good answer here The other
question monday, I am in a hurry
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden