Re: Pill bugs/sow bugs

I did a search and found a variety of suggestions.
1) use: 1 T. oil
           1 T. Molasses
           1 T. Soy sauce
 Divide and put in saucers or tuna cans in between the plants.
2) Beer traps
3) Garlic water with a squirt of soap in a spray bottle.
4)   Whiskey in a saucer.
5)   cod liver oil or other fish oil in a saucer
6)   mix: 1 T. Dr. Bronners peppermint soap
      1 T. caster oil
      1 quart water.
Spray leaves and plants.
7)   diluted fruit punch in a saucer
8)   Diazinon spray
9)   dampen a newspaper and roll it/tie with string to keep together and
       put in garden at night. They will crawl in because of the dampness and in
       the morning you can pitch the paper. And repeat the next night, etc.
I see them in my gardens but don't notice any excessive damage. Some gardens must have an overabundance of them tho.       CHAR

BDeyes6@aol.com wrote:

What is the least noxious way to rid the garden of these critters.  Again, I
try not to use chemicals, but there are so many of these critters in the
garden that something will have to be done soon.  The books say that they eat
roots and I personally have watched them chew on leaves.  So this is my
attack the critter year.  Do any of you have ideas....The less chemicals the
better....Thanks,  Betty