No Subject

Greetings Everyone,

It seems that I have just recovered from the rigors of Hosta College in time
to go full out in the garden and yard.  Yesterday in spite of the cool wind,
I was able to tackle a lot of clean up projects.  I planted all of the new
things bought at Hosta College.  The grasses all needed trimming, the yard
just had to be mowed and the strong winds of a few days ago brought more
leaves to be cleaned from paths and borders and a trailer load of limbs to
be picked up and hauled away. We were able to complete the last drain needed
to carry water from some low places in the garden.  Next on the agenda is to
prune the shrubs and install an injector in the water system.  I hope to use
it to take care of a lot of time consuming labors that have been done by
hand in the past.

Later in the day as the wind turned just a little to cool for comfort, it
began to tell me it was time to check out the garden for possible cold
damage.  The results of my check was to discover that about 50% of the
hostas are up and wondering where I have been.  Most of the early plants are
flowering.    The bluebells opened their first flowers today.  I hung my
newly purchased wind chimes from a dogwood tree.  It's buds are swelling.
Redbud trees are in full flower and several of the Japanese maples have
small leaves.  So far it has been a great spring but things are progressing
ahead of schedule.  This is always a cause for concern.  There is at least
another month of possible freeze.

The new PC system has taken its toll.  As I learn more about it I find Me to
be a great improvement. My work is much easier.  My main problem now is to
find software to run some of my printers and scanners.

I despise Bellsouth, I have to make myself write and read it. With it my
favorite thing is the delete button so if you are writing to me put Mary
somewhere in the first sentence.  The format is not attractive and the
download is too slow.  My son thinks he has done me a great favor.  My last
comment to him was that I had found one advantage over AOL.  This one does
not cut me off when I am in the middle of research.  Then I told him of the
793 advantages that AOL had over this one.  At that time he became concerned
and began to offer some much need professional help. A few things I still
need to learn. I am still looking in strange places to find the Pix that I
down load and waiting 30 minutes for the mail to download.  He says we have
something set wrong and will take care of it on the next visit.  Since we
are having trouble making our schedules meet, my list of questions have now
reached the full page length.  All I can say at present is that I hope there
really is something to the business of new learning experiences being the
best thing out.  If that is true, I may be young at heart for the next 50
years.

Mary Chastain
Lakeside Acres
8119 Roy Lane