Re: Wintering over Hostas

In a message dated 03/18/2001 7:12:35 PM Central Standard Time,
andrewl@hostahaven.com writes:

<<  Most of the crowns were solid and just starting to send out that
 first central bud, thought they are VERY dry. >>

I am glad to here every thing went well-dry is all right-the roots will
dehydrate when you water.

Still be a few weeks before I can see how all mine have faired over the
winter.

We have had a lot of snow this year-so things should be good, as long as we
can avoid any rapid thaws and freezes over the next 4 weeks.

Andrew-give us another report in a week or two.

Paul