Re:

Mary,

I always enjoy your chronicles of life in the Chastain garden. Here in Oak
Ridge (about an hour and a half north of Mary) we are not so far along. Our
daffodils are mostly out, most of the flowering shrubs are blooming, as are
the Bradford Pears (that just happened on Thursday, after a day of warmish
rain). No sign of our redbuds, though.

I spent the weekend up in Lexington, KY. Amazing what a difference 150
miles can make..I felt like I had gone back three weeks in time. I found a
nice plant of 'Emily Dickinson' at a local nursery there..in the two days
under the sink in my hotel room it noticeably expanded. I'm taking the day
off from work today, since I had no weekend to do yard work. This time of
year there is so-o-o much to do! About 1/3 of my hosta are up (just barely
visible without scratching around qualifies as "up"); H. montana
aureomarginata and Tony Avent's 'Obsession' are unfurling, and like Mary
I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a hard feeze.

I haven't seen any slugs or slug damage yet, and am awaiting that shipment
of Sluggo I ordered last week, since I know that 'if you plant it, they
will come."

Gerry

P.S. If anyone has read this far, could you explain what 'twinspots" are?