Re: Pill bugs/sow bugs

I want to thank all  of you for the information on these critters.  Every
time I set a pot on the ground for a day,  there is a solid covering of the
pillbugs when I lift it up.  I'm going to address the slugs startiing today
and will have the boric acid ready and waiting for the first sight of
pillbugs.  It sounds like the best treatment.  If it works, Cincinnati will
have a run on boric acid for years to come.  Sometimes it is hard to keep
from using noxious chemicals.  But I do think it is worth the effort.
A couple more daffodils have opened, but there are hundreds of fat buds
waving in the wind.  I've begun my mulching for the spring and it sure mades
the garden look less dreary even though I'm only applying a dusting of mulch.
 I have my first garden tour on May 20th and am going to have to rely on
pansies for color.  It's just too early for anything else.  It seems that
there are fewer pansies in the store than ever before and I was wondering if
it is due to the energy crunch.  I've been planting my planters and hope that
they won't mind the frosts.   Have a great gardening day!

Betty
Cincinnati