Re: white part of twinspot

Dr. Zonneveld,
       This raises two further questions:

1. Tissue composed of white-colored cells is a more common occurrence in
Hosta than in any other Genus, with hundreds of examples to point to. Why
then would such a high percentage of those caused by mitotic recombination
fail, given that the green tissue produced by the same event thrives?

2. If the white tissue produced by this event dies, meaning that it was
generated then it expired, why would we not see an area of necrotic tissue
between the new green tissue and the old gold tissue?

As the existence of twin spots is accepted, there should also be some
evidence of plants sporting from all-gold to green-edged-whites. I have not
seen one of these. Has anyone else reading this?

........Bill Meyer