Re: yellow leaf = nuclear encoded

>I like to collect green sports of variegated plants but I do not
>believe these would be too helpful-would they?

In terms of what we are interested in with hosta variegation the all
green sports aren't that interesting because they are just a L1-L2
layer switching/replacment.  However, if you go from variagated to
green and then back to variegated, now that would be interesting.

Now, as an aside, have you ever noticed any of these all green sports
everting back to variegated.  So far the only one I have observered is
an all green Fascination that started to revert back to steaking - not
sure what it will look like this year.

Joe Halinar