Re: Freezing pollen?

Hi Kent,
       I have used frozen pollen successfully and it is fairly easy. Just
gather it when it is ripe and store in an airtight container. I would say
freeze it before more than a few hours have gone by. You can use it the same
season or the following one. I don't know if it will last longer than that.
Once you take it out of the freezer it should look pretty much the same as
it did when it went in----dry and fluffy. Don't let it get wet. By the time
you apply it to the stigma it has probably already warmed to the temperature
of the surrounding air. If not it will before fertilization occurs.

.......Bill Meyer

> This year I want to collect and freeze pollen for future use. I assume
it's
> mandatory to freeze it when it's ripe and fluffy. Now when I go to use it,
> do I need to bring it to a certain temp before it's viable? I guess what
I'm