Human Rights...(and wrongs)

...Gentlemen Thankyou so much for your help. I can't wait to try some of
these ideas out this year. As for other considerations I am grateful for
those as well. The end result of a beautiful stately specimen like
Hyacinthina, erect and proud, with bold Periclinal framing or centering, a
misty, mottled, sensual white would be a sight to behold. Regardless, the
Quest is exciting.
 A brief history if you will permit me. I have said several times that I
have been working with Hosta for about 18 years. Totally isolated and totally
untrained I acquired a fondness for the Genus which is still a bit confusing
to me. About 16-17 years ago replanting and landscaping 5 acres within our 38
acre Homestead, the time came to divide massive mature Hostas (I couldn't
pick them up otherwise). My wonderful wife Darlene actually yelled at me.
"What are you doing, they are beautiful just the way they are. Don't cut them
up!" But honey, trust me we will have more plants and they will be beautiful
again soon. That was my 1 St. division, the Hyacinthina. Many years followed
buying, shipping, dividing, finding great sources (like Q & Z, Mark Zillis),
getting TC's and seed to get me to today. About 9 mos. ago we bought a
computer for the kids (he he really) and for the FIRST time I was in
communication with other Hostaholics like myself. I never touched a keyboard
before 9 mos. ago (I type with 2 fingers). I found this forum about 2 mos.
ago. and others just before that. I can't begin to tell any of you what your
new friendship and companionship means to me. I am not a plant crazy freak
anymore (at least not a lonely one). There are many just like me, just not
next door LOL. That brings me to today with 50 or so Hyacinthina, 230 or so
other cultivars, 44 new ones under lights downstairs and well over 100 more
on order or swapped for this year. I may even break 500 this year.
 Why in the world am I getting into all of this today with this posting?
Simply stated I have been alone with my LOVE for my Hostas until very
recently. I have no clue as to what is going on out here in the "real world"
but I am learning rapidly (the Hosta Scholar that I am).
 I am incensed (But not at all unaware) as to what goes on "out here." The
arrogant disrespect of some people is very telling. It is the most common of
human behavior. The "better than you attitude" speaks volumes to even the
untrained ear/heart.
 Firstly and formats I hope to be totally appropriate with what follows and
treat any other person the way I expect to be treated. When I am "off the
mark" I expect others that care for me in my life to make me aware if it so I
can correct or modify behavior to socially acceptable standards.
 It seems to me that there has been a very interesting chain of events in
the time that I have spent on this forum. Most specifically in the last few
days. An individual has been specifically addressed by a good number in the
community and very appropriately I might add. SPECIFIC behavior has been
addressed, feelings have been stated clearly, concrete limits in acceptable
response has been set and suggestions have been made. Shay or Jim or whoever
needs to pay attention, claim responsibility for the behavior in question and
simply comply or leave.
 What is absolutely intriguing to me is that a second individual is
exhibiting the EXACT SAME BEHAVIOR and we appear to be inhibited in some way
and to this point only a select few, uninhibited individuals, have "taken up
the gauntlet" and stood their ground to confront the behavior of this
individual? Please, I am well aware that it is very difficult to challenge
authority and what appears to be intelligence but if we don't it will run
rampant and unchecked over us until we choose to address it. I have no clue
what Shay chooses to do next as well, I have no Idea what the community will
do to assert itself but of this I am sure, the assertive and courageous among
us will take the "bull by the horns."
 Is not the arrogance of DR Zonneveld exactly the same as Shays, just
perpetrated on us in a very sophisticated and sinister way? Disguised in the
name of service and serving others. Is he answering questions directly or
using insults and arrogance as diversions? Is it becoming more and more
obvious that he is well outside his area of expertise? Does he represent
himself as an authority and leave dozens of questions unanswered? Is he
representing information as researched fact or openly stating that it is
hypothesis and educated guess? Is he freely and openly offering documented
research or simply pretending that it is in existence?

    >>> Dr. please don't continue displaying the arrogance it takes to tell
me what is pointless or not, Thankyou..................

DR. Zonneveld
This time I am asking directly. I don't appreciate being insulted and I
would greatly appreciate it if you would stop the behavior.

>>>Another one of those ludicrous accusations I have published the method on >
>>pollen cloring both in my artice and repeatedly on the internet Go Fishing
next >>>time        ......Ben J.M.Zonneveld

>>>I have not checked in my booklet but there are white edged yellows
>>>Ben J.M.Zonneveld

 Do you know what is in Your booklet?

entire life.

I am one of "those people" and I have 40-50 crosses planed for this year.
......Shay is using HUMOR
......DR. Z is using INTELLIGENCE
......same behavior.......... I don't choose to feed a wanting Ego. I joined
this wonderful community to gain and give respect, to gain and give
knowledge, to share and have shared experience, to develop new friendships,
to address my serious isolation, and mostly to enjoy Hosta at a much
different level.
  Community, if I have been unjust, or inappropriate in any way please tell
me clearly and directly. It is not my intent to deliberately attack or hurt
anyone. I am simply sick of insulting behavior regardless of where it comes
from. It is relatively easy to discount behavior like Shay's.  DR Z's
behavior cuts deeper, hurts more, and for me an individual of 53 with the
hunger and thirst for knowledge of an unspoiled child I have much stronger
resentments (that I am addressing and dumping today). For anyone to take that
honest "questing" turn it to self-serving, ego feeding behavior is

   Jim Towle