Re: Stabilizing Sports

In a message dated 3/21/01 12:43:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Traveler200000@aol.com writes:

<< I don't have any pictures but
 hope to get a digital soon to remedy that. This is a natural sporting of H.
 Hyacinthina, typical green, rich and full. The sported white is very
 interesting to me as it appears in two ways, a motteled/smeared white
 (possibly in L1) with the standard green appearing to be under it (possibly
 in L2 or L3). The second is a sectorial or mericlinal chimera appearing only
 on one side of leaf mid rib. This coloring appears on approx. half of the
 leaves on each crown that I have separated. In 3 years I have gathered about
 15-18 crown divisions displaying this sporting. >>

Wow, Jim, I give you five stars for the above, but I need a picture.  I think
my eyes turned back in my head.  From what I can understand though this
sounds very interesting.

How about everyone giving a pic or a description of the most interesting
sport that they have ever seen.

I will go first, 1) hypoluca streaked and  2) Jim Schwartz had a nice man
working with him at Hosta College who had a picture of a very interesting
sport of Venus that was streaked and had very heavy blooms, double and heavy,
if this plant can be stabilized and reproduce it will really be something.  I
will buy it!

Jim S. can you comment on this, and sorry that I forgot the name of your
friend, very nice guy, but I am worse with people names than I am with hosta
names.

N.