From: owner-hosta-open@mallorn.com
[mailto:owner-hosta-open@mallorn.com]On Behalf Of halinar@open.org
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 12:52 AM
To: hosta-open@mallorn.com
Subject: Re: Collecting Sport Photos

>The post by Joe Halinar raises an excellent idea for future
>understanding of this complex and interesting subject. Count me among
>those who will try to get pictures of unusual sports when they occur.

I have an idea that might work out well and not cost us anything,
except some time - probably mine!  I can set up a web site on
homestead.com and park the images there and then develop some kind of
a web page to use to view the images.  That way the images would be
available to all who want to study them.

So, how about a hosta sport support group this summer!  If you see a
hosta sporting, lets get an image of it, either from a digital camera,
or scan a print or slide, and then we can store them on homestead.com,
or we can put them on one of Bob's hosta sites.  I do believe there
should be some reasonable limitations to the size of the images -
certainly nothing over 100K.

Joe Halinar