Re: Fw: Sports--Help us

Hi Pat,
      I'm not sure of the correct nomenclature for a group of plants that all are tied via sporting to a common ancestor, but there is still some confusion about which are sports of the 'Hyacinthina' sold by Walters. As I mentioned in my previous post, some of us will be trying to determine which are and which are not 'Hyacinthina' sports this summer. It has enough distinguishing characteristics that I hope we can arrive at a consensus about most of them. Please help out if you can. Maybe you would want to hold up on completing that part of your database until then.
                                                                                                 ......Bill Meyer

Hi All:
    Back in town today and I missed the list serve every day. On the subject of a H.'Hyacinthinia' sport. In THJ, 1986, pg 65, it lists H.'Heliarc' as a sport of H.fortunei. My question, is this a general grouping of the grex or family of 'Hyacinthinia'?
Pat Mora